Last Updated: 6 September 2023.
Car Valet Hero exists to help build connections between people and build a universe where anyone can seamlessly avail of or offer car wash, valeting, and detailing services. We are a community built on trust. A fundamental part of earning that trust is being clear about how we use your information and protecting your human right to privacy.
IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
If you are a resident in the EEA and Switzerland, Car Valet Hero, 2 Retreat Ridge, Aghacocara, Athlone, Co. Westmeath N37 PX63, Ireland, is the controller of your personal information about Payment Services.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information Needed to Use the Car Valet Hero Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the Car Valet Hero Platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all the services requested. This information includes:
- Contact, Account, and Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
- Payment Information. Such as bank account or payment account information. If you are not a Car Valet Hero user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when a Car Valet Hero user provides your payment card to complete a booking.
2.2 Information You Choose to Give Us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a booking form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with Car Valet Hero Support and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
2.3 Information Automatically Collected by Using the Car Valet Hero Platform and Our Payment Services.
When you use the Car Valet Hero Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal and other information. This information may include:
- Geolocation Information. Such as approximate location determined from your IP address, mobile or other device’s GPS, or other information you share with us, depending on your device settings.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, additional services you have added, and other actions on the Car Valet Hero Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the Car Valet Hero Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before, during, or after using the Car Valet Hero Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created a Car Valet Hero account or logged in.
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or log in to the Car Valet Hero Platform with a third-party service (e.g., Google, Facebook, WeChat), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- If you buy gift vouchers listed on the Car Valet Hero Platform, for example, you will have to submit personal information about the person you are buying for, such as their name, email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as referrals, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third-party service providers and/or partners and combine it with information we have about you. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Car Valet Hero Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Car Valet Hero Platform. We may process this information to:
- enable you to access the Car Valet Hero Platform and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- process your request,
- perform analytics, debug, and conduct research,
- provide customer service or car detailing training,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- process, handle, or assess damage claims or similar claims,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Car Valet Hero Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit.
If you provide us with your contacts’ information, such as your friends, we may process this information to (i) facilitate your referral or gift voucher, (ii) detect and prevent fraud, and (iii) facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We may process this information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activities,
- study and combat discrimination consistent with our Nondiscrimination Policy,
- conduct fraud prevention, security investigations, and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of Customers, Service providers, Providers’ employees, and members of the public,
- resolve disputes with our Members, including sharing information with your co-Provider(s) or additional users about disputes related to your role as a co-Provider(s) or additional users,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- determine eligibility for certain types of bookings, such as Instant Book,
- comply with the law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights (see section 4.5),
- enforce our Terms and other policies (e.g., Nondiscrimination Policy), and
- assess or evaluate your interactions with the Car Valet Hero Platform and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes, which analyze your account and activities on the Car Valet Hero platform as well as information about activities on and off the Car Valet Hero platform that can be associated with you, could restrict or suspend your access to the Car Valet Hero Platform if such processes detect activity that may pose a safety or other risk to Car Valet Hero, our community, or third parties. If you would like to challenge decisions based on automated processes, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may process this information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media preferences through social media platforms,
- personalise, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Car Valet Hero or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you,
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities, and
- send, with your consent, promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
3.4 Analyzing and Sharing Your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Car Valet Hero Platform for reasons outlined in the “How We Use Information We Collect” section of this policy, including fraud prevention, security investigations, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other sites, and subject to applicable law, we scan and analyze all images uploaded by users to the Car Valet Hero platform in message threads, profiles, and listings for certain illegal or inappropriate activities (such as evidence of child exploitation) for the purpose of identifying and reporting content violations to appropriate authorities. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications. We may also share your communications as set out in the “Sharing & Disclosure” section.
3.5 Linking Third-Party Accounts.
You can link your Car Valet Hero account with certain third-party services like social networks. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you direct the data sharing by creating this link:
- some of the information provided to us from linking accounts may be published on your public profile,
- your activities on the Car Valet Hero Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Car Valet Hero Platform and/or that third-party service,
- a link to your public profile on that third-party service may be included in your Car Valet Hero public profile,
- other Car Valet Hero users may be able to see any Friends that you may have in common with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable,
- other Car Valet Hero users may be able to see any schools, hometowns, or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service,
- information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed, and transmitted for fraud prevention, security investigations, and risk assessment purposes, and
- publication and display of information that you provide to the Car Valet Hero Platform through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Car Valet Hero Platform and the third-party service.
3.6 Provide Payment Services. Personal information is used to enable, or authorize third parties to use, Payment Services, such as to:
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents, as well as conduct risk assessments,
- comply with legal and compliance obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations and sanctions enforcement),
- enforce the Payments Terms and other payment policies, and
- provide and improve Payment Services.
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your Car Valet Hero account or participating in promotional activities by Car Valet Hero partners or third parties.
Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, that we share with social media platforms after de-identifying it to generate leads, drive traffic to Car Valet Hero, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may share information in situations such as:
- Between Customer(s) and Provider(s) when:
- A booking request is made, when there is a co-provider or a dispute is submitted, such as profile, name, names of any additional users, cancellation history, review information, dispute outcome (when applicable), and other information you choose to share and submit.
- A booking is confirmed, and additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the facilitation, such as profile photo, email address, and phone number.
- You as a Provider have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Customer (and any additional users they refer, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, phone number, and Listing address.
- You communicate with a Member, such as your name, profile picture, and message content.
- Between Providers when:
- You fulfil bookings with a co-Provider, and you authorize that co-Provider to access and update your information and Member Content, such as certain information like your full name, phone number, Listing address, calendar, Listing information, Listing photos, and email address.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and Other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, name (or initials where applicable), description, and town/city.
- Listing pages that include information such as the Provider’s precise location, calendar availability, profile photo, and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Information you share publicly on the Car Valet Hero Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt out of this feature in your account settings.
4.4 Service Providers.
Providers may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as vehicle towing or locksmith providers. Providers may use features on the Car Valet Hero Platform to share information about the Customer (like booking information, Customer name, Customer phone number, and vehicle details) with such third-party service providers.
4.5 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting Our Rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, authorised third parties, or other Members, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) comply with a valid legal request (such as a subpoena or court order) or to respond to claims asserted against Car Valet Hero, (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability, (iv) enforce and administer our agreements with Members, including our Terms and Policies, or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Car Valet Hero, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to Car Valet Hero, our Members, or expose Car Valet Hero to a claim of obstruction of justice.
Where legally required or permissible according to applicable law, we may disclose Providers’ and/or Customers’ information to tax authorities or other governmental agencies for the purpose of the tax authorities’ determination of proper compliance with relevant tax obligations. Relevant tax obligations include Car Valet Hero’s tax obligations on its service fees, its facilitation of taxes on services and withholding taxes, and Providers’ individual tax obligations. Information that may be disclosed includes but is not limited to, Provider and Customer names, Provider addresses, tax/business identification number(s) and/or contact information, payout information, transaction dates and amounts, number of services and Customers booked, gross and net booking value and payout amounts, taxes collected by Car Valet Hero on behalf of Customers and Providers, to the extent any of this information is known by Car Valet Hero.
In jurisdictions where Car Valet Hero facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application or the number of a Provider with governmental authority, we may share information about participating Providers with the relevant authority, both during the application process, when the Listing is published, and periodically thereafter, such as the Provider’s full name and contact details, business address, tax identification number, registration, permit, or license number, Listing details, and booking information subject to applicable laws.
4.6 Provider Information Provided to Car Valet Hero for Business Customers.
If a booking is designated as being for an enterprise purpose and (1) is made by a Customer affiliated with an Enterprise and (2) the Enterprise is a Member of Car Valet Hero, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise (e.g., name of the Provider, premises address, booking dates, Listing details, etc.) to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Car Valet Hero’s contract with the Enterprise and to provide the services. At the request of the Enterprise or the Customer, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by the Enterprise to provide support services.
4.8 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers (including their service providers) to help us run our business and for their compliance purposes, including those that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) fraud prevention, security investigations, and risk assessments, (iv) perform product development, maintenance, and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Car Valet Hero Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g., through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, (vii) offer additional services you select, (viii) process, handle, or assess insurance claims or similar claims, or (ix) review, scan, and analyse communications on the Car Valet Hero Platform for certain purposes (such as evidence of abuse or harassment). See the Analysing and Sharing Your Communications section for additional information. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks. Other Members can use services other than Car Valet Hero to process your data. These can include email or booking management software. Such services are outside of Car Valet Hero’s control and will be subject to applicable laws with varying levels of data protection.
4.9 Business Transfers.
4.10 Corporate Affiliates#.
To support us in providing, integrating, promoting and improving the Car Valet Hero Platform, Payment Services, and our affiliates’ services, we may share personal information within our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control. Some examples are:
- Sharing with Car Valet Hero. Your information will be shared with Car Valet Hero, which provides the technical infrastructure for the Car Valet Hero Platform.
- Sharing with Car Valet Hero Payments. In order to facilitate payments on or through the Car Valet Hero Platform, certain information will be shared with the relevant Car Valet Hero Payments entity.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Third-Party Partners & Integrations.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. See here for information on data subject rights requests and how to submit a request. We may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
Learn more about rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) here.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your Car Valet Hero Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
6.2 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.3 Data Erasure.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as the prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Car Valet Hero Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that Car Valet Hero Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Car Valet Hero Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Car Valet Hero and Car Valet Hero Payments may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on Car Valet Hero, even after your Car Valet Hero Account is cancelled.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unlawful or unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
- CONTACT INFORMATION AND RESPONSIBLE CAR VALET HERO ENTITIES