Can a Provider Cancel a Booking Without Adverse Consequences?
If a Provider has to cancel for unavoidable reasons, we’ll work with them and help their customers find another place to have the desired service done, without the Provider incurring cancellation fees. These situations include:
- Valid reasons beyond the Provider’s control, such as emergency location repairs (like a gas leak or a burst pipe) or serious personal illness that prevents providing
- Proof that a customer intends to break Provider’s rules
- An extenuating circumstance, such as declared emergencies and epidemics or government travel restrictions
- The customer makes it clear they are likely to break one or more of the Provider’s rules, such as safety rules
- It becomes clear that the listing won’t meet the needs of the customers – for example, features included in the listing won’t bring the result the customer thought it would
- The customer has a record of unfavourable reviews or misconduct that concerns the Provider.